View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starznight View Post
Dangerous and toxic, to be a smoker regardless of your Mobility. Though I think before trying to change the smoking first, see what can be done for the pain. Without addressing her current quality of life I sincerely doubt she’ll be receptive to quitting and it’s likely to cause a shut down in communication completely. For years while I was in massive amounts of pain the doctors would point out that my smoking was going to kill me and I would respond every time with “Really? How many more do I need to smoke a day to speed things up then?” It was one part my being a smart *** and one part truly wishful thinking hat maybe if I could smoke a carton a day things would really speed up.

Trust me, no smoker thinks it’s actually healthy for them, we all know it’s a terrible vice, and when our family, friends and even perfect strangers lecture us about it all that really goes through our minds is how much longer are you gonna harp because we really WANT a cigarette right now. Many a times I’ve been driven to smoke almost 2 packs in a day because of folks telling how I need to quit (I normally smoke half a pack if that a day). Not advocating smoking, and not proud to be a smoker, but facing a perceived lifetime of agony in which nothing can be done for you is not the time that most smoker will even consider putting down their bic’s for good.

I understand. Unfortunately, I am a smoker too but a "closet smoker". I NEVER smoke in front of anyone but my fiance. I feel guilty to have started. I started during Hurricane Sandy. Just had finally kicked the husband out, no power for two weeks, still had to go to work and getting death threats. I know there is no excuse but that is my explanation. My youngest is the only one who doesn't know and I want to keep it that way until I quit.

My sister would never be receptive to quiting. We have tried. She smokes too much and drinks canadian club and seltzer everynight. She may say she has two, but what size?

Anyway. She is seeing her doctor tomorrow and I am going to email some of all of your input to hopefully put a match under ther butt. Love her dearly but she is, sorry to say, a pain in the butt to talk to!!
LinJane03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Starznight (07-10-2018)