Thread: Baclofen. Pump
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Okay so it’s been over six months since I got my pump in, so I guess I’ll give a bit of an update on it. After getting cleared for activity by the doctor I managed to get my garden in order in relatively short order in comparison to previous years! Then went on to help my mother get her yard in order, and finally went to help my aunt and uncle get their house and yard in order. Gosh it was fun, we all accomplished our spring cleaning while it was still spring! And I got to take a trip to VA with my cousin and help get her new place in order and even helped build some furniture from scratch .

From there we travelled to NH to visit with my aunt and uncle and the rest of my family. I was able to hike down to the creek, help with yet another garden. I mean, no where near my 24 year old crazy self who thought nothing of walking 20 miles in a day, really as a simple stroll. But still it is the closest I’ve ever been in years!

The only real problem I’m having is terrible migraines, suffered from them before getting the surgery but they have certainly increased in both frequency and intensity. But my pills still work against them so I can live with that for what I’m gaining in the end. I even did my first yoga session this evening just the most basics of basic so fingers crossed I can keep it up over the next couple of weeks without ripping another tendon or ligament. But I’ve also started doing a truly basic calistetic morning exercise (Japanese radio exercises) every morning since about a month ago and so far nothing torn 😍.

If all goes well with the yoga and such over the next 6 or so months I might finally be ready to go back to PT! Now if only something could be done for my vision life would be just about perfect. They really need to find something other than cortison as a major anti-inflammatory. I’m allergic to it and really tired of never knowing if I can see or not when I wake up and if I can see, just how much and how distorted my vision will be number one thing keeping me from a part time job of some sort is no license since I never know how well or how long my vision will hold.