View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Exclamation Can a parental smack to the back of the head cause a concussion?

Hi, I was wondering if a moderately hard smack to the back of the head can cause any form of concussion. I was asking this because the day I was smacked on the back of the head, during the moment of the smack, for a brief second I smelled some strange smell, and it went away instantly. After this I got out of the car later and my arms felt weak and my tongue was tingling. My legs were also kind of weak and I was also lightheaded when I moved my head. I was wondering if these symptoms can be caused by anxiety and ocd, because I have a bad wase of odd, and I can't stop donating on things like this. I also forgot to mention a few hours later, I would get these headaches that come and go real quickly. I wouldn't even call it a headache, it's just a pain for a short period of time, like 1 second, then goes away. If this seems like a lot of symptoms, that's because I hyper focus on anything and I take note of everything I experience. So I don't know if this is just stress, or if it is a small form of mtbi. I obsess over my head, and this smack was a huge deal for me, because things such as moving my head to quickly even stresses me out and makes me worry. So I definitely didn't take this smack on the back of my head lightly. My dad was just mad that I forgot to take my wallet to work and backhanded me. But if this is enough to get a concussion, then I guess I should just bubble wrap my head to protect the fragile brain... that was a joke, btw. Thank you for your time.
Cavencruiser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote