View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:17 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks you so much for those reassuring words Annie.

This has just been a rough few weeks as I had a diverticulitis flare and have been dealing with that as well. I am very open with all of my doctors and am thrilled with the team I am building. I have learnt from your posts however that I need to add a pulmonologist to the team and get a breathing baseline.

My doctors think I am doing well. I have an MG Neuro doctor who is good for me now but am always looking to see who is in the area if I ever need a consult. I am right by the Mayo Clinic is S Florida and suspect there are some others in the area.

I grew up with terminal illness so most medical situations throw me. I go to therapy to manage my fears but have been in a "what if" mode the past few days.

I have a wonderful husband, a good support system and relatives (one a neuro.)

What I think is really happening is that after a year of managing I am beginning to see and feel the "loss" of that loose term "normal" with the addition of more symptoms this year. This is not unusual when someone has an illness but I think that is what has been going on.

I am overweight and don't over do it with exercise and usually work out after my meds. Not doing weights. Water and a hip level elliptical. What is happening most frequently now is my speech in social situations and I am having to cut back at times, talk less (which is a big change for me) and say no more often. I do rest and see the need for it. It is all still new for me but I will look into the suggestions I have seen you post on the threads.

Thanks Again,
Sue
rosepointe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote