View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry you have to go through this with your sister. It sounds as though she is not coping well, both from pain and the emotional effects of being in pain, having MS, and feeling hopeless.

I agree about getting a MRI to see what is going on. Seeking a good neurosurgeon is a good idea. There are some in the Pittsburg area. My friends husband just had cervical surgery done there. I'll try to find out his surgeons name. They are on vacation right now, but I will try. Additionally, I have an MS friend that lives by me. She fell and broke her hip and had it replaced and a few months later had spinal surgery to her cervical spine, if I remember correctly. I don't think it was her lumbar spine or thoracic. So, I think it can be done. It's just a matter of finding a good, qualified, and confident surgeon to do the surgery or to get a recommendation.

Also, I agree about the PT to see if that helps her. If she is unable to leave the house, check with her insurance about getting PT through a home health agency. They will come to the home and work with her.

Some people have had luck with accupuncture and other alternative/complementary medicine options. Explore those as well and see if you sister feels these are good options for her. Obviously, present things in a way where she feels she is making the decision on her own.

Good luck and let us know how she is doing.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Starznight (07-12-2018)