View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 09:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Rosepointe,

Hello and welcome to the forum! AnnieB3 always has such good advice. I'd add a couple more, if it's okay.

Since you live in Florida, it's a good idea to take good care of yourself in the heat. Probably you already do! Scheduling activities or chores for the early part of the day when possible, before it gets hot, can really help. Hopefully you have air conditioning, but I use gel freezer packs (normally for sore muscles) to help cool myself further if I feel hot in summer. They really help.

They say stress can make MG symptoms worse. Everyone has their own experience, but I believe it can be true. I try to make quiet, peaceful time every day, and that helps me. I also make sure I do at least one thing every day I enjoy. It does not have to be fancy or expensive. Maybe I take time to watch a beautiful sunset out the window. Maybe I listen to some special music I enjoy, or a favorite show on television. Maybe I have a nice visit with a friend, in person or by telephone. Maybe I go outside on my balcony and enjoy the flowers which are blooming in the morning sun! Maybe I enjoy some knitting or crocheting. But I think taking good care of ourselves in ways like this can help us get through our MG journey.

Sending best wishes to you from California,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote