View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:37 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope21 View Post
@BatBite24, I sometimes get similar thoughts around long incubation periods, but I always think back to my doctor's words. He said the vaccines are 100% effective and they're conducted fairly often (with vets and people who've been bitten by confirmed rabid animals, getting them regularly and not developing rabies), so it's unlikely it was not effective. He also said that the vaccine prevents the virus from incubating, so it's not possible for the virus to be "dormant" and suddenly awaken after the vaccine titer levels in your blood go down. He specializes and has over 20 years of experience in Infectious Diseases and works at the UChicago Hospital, specifically in their Travel Clinic too, so he's a credible source! Hopefully this helps. If there's anything that takes your mind off of things, like reading or even watching a tv show, maybe that'll help calm you down during your anxious moments too! Will be praying and hoping the best for you!
7/12/18 Hope21, thank you so very much for a compassionate and intelligent post. Saw my GP for my annual wellness check up on Monday, and received reassurances as well. I'm finding that, as many here have posted, exercise brings on flares of the symptoms. I've decided, however, not to slow it down with the exercise. I'm just beyond grateful and excited to have my leg function back. I can walk without pain or the odd partial paralysis gait. Yesterday I doubled my exercise time, and sure enough, 2:00 AM, and the old auditory hallucination type siezure woke me...heard the cell phone ringing again, and it wasn't. Didn't go into panic mode, just acknowledged that it was a flare incident and went back to sleep. Still some myoclonus occasionally as I fall asleep, nothing extreme. Thank you especially for your prayers. I too, pray for everyone everywhere whose lives have been touched by rabies or rabies vaccine reactions. This is one scourge that would be nice if it were eradicated from the face of the earth!
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote