Old 07-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
Hi Barb!

It's hard to believe you have lived in TX for 4 years now. Also, it's hard to believe you have lived in your darling house for 2 years. Where does time go?

How is your sister feeling? I think of her often and hope she is doing well.

I have never been to a senior center except for visiting and a little volunteering. Is there an age restriction? I'm not there yet but am probably slower than many of those seniors. I would love to do a game night. I am not a competitive person but socially, games are great and fun.

I am glad your MS is now stable. Mine is as well. Like you, I am not on any MS meds, other than the methotrexate but that for the connective tissue disease but supposedly helps with MS. I have not had an MRI in...in...4 or 5 years now so I don't know if I have more lesions. I am slowing down a lot! The heat is brutal, huh? I hate summer. It seems to last forever!!!! It will be several months before it cools down, if it cools down. Last winter was warm, even hot some days.

Take care and post more often, Barb! I love hearing about your niece, family, and life in Texas.
Hi Tricia!

Thanks for starting this thread. I wish more of the old gang would check in here.

I've got an appt. with a new Neurologist on the 24th. I'm hoping he will give me a prescription for LDN. I used to take it and I felt so much better on it. There is a clinical trial in CA that will do a stem cell procedure on you but it's pricey and not covered by insurance. So much out there but just an arms length away.

Tricia, my granddaughters are 3 now. I can barely believe it. Seems like they were babies one day and talking and learning their ABC's the next.

I hate the heat, too. It seems to get hotter here each year and summer seems to last forever. Thank goodness for A/C. As I get older it seems to bother me more.
Attached Thumbnails
Joined the MIA Club...-523621_441289525905331_915485261_n-jpg  
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (07-14-2018), Debbie D (08-28-2018), ewizabeth (09-10-2018), GladysD (07-24-2018), Jappy (07-12-2018), tkrik (07-18-2018)