View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 07:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I am one of the "younger" members at the senior center at 61. I didn't go for the first few years that I was here, but joined a TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensinsibly) group that meets there. I met several women through that group and that led to me eventually going there for exercise and game night. I usually play train dominoes and it is just fun. We pretend we are competitive, but we just joking. Through those activities, I have met a few good friends.

My sister is doing well. For those of you who do not know she was diagnosed with esophageal cancer about 2 and 1/2 years ago. She had to go through chemotherapy and radiation and have two thirds of her esophagus and one third of her stomach removed. She had her last scan about 2 weeks ago and is cancer free. She doesn't have to have another one for a year. She was lucky in that she was diagnosed at an early stage. She has issues with side effects from the surgery and treatment but is grateful she is doing so well. She went back to work in January 2017 and is teaching full time. Right now she and her family are on vacation in Maine. They are enjoying the cool weather.

I am in my hibernation stage right now. It is just too hot to go out. I am looking forward to fall which usually doesn't arrive here until late October.
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (08-28-2018), ewizabeth (09-10-2018), GladysD (07-24-2018), Jappy (07-15-2018), Kitty (07-15-2018), tkrik (07-18-2018)