View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Epilepsy Meds (I don't have epilepsy)

Hello all! I've been very confused about the past 2 months of my life and my doctors aren't giving me many answers, so here I am for support and advice!

To start off, I'm 25 years old. I do not take medications. I'm a mother of 2 who is generally healthy other than a few bad habits (nicotine being the worst and am trying to quit).

I have had "episodes" where my vision fades (tunnels out or complete loss of), my hearing goes, my ears ring, my hands and feet feel cold and I just kind of "check out", although I'm aware of everything going on around me.

My first visit to the ER, they put me on a 2 week heart monitor - I was diagnosed with a Right Bundle Branch Block. Apparently that has nothing to do with my symptoms.

After more episodes at work (no, my job is not stressful, I love it!) I went to a different hospital and was given a no-driving order from an on-call doctor thinking I was having petit mal seizures.

I have done a 24 hour sleep deprived EEG as well as a brain MRI with and w/o contrast. I have also been seen by an ENT and had a full metabolic blood panel done, as well as testing all of my thyroid and parathyroid levels because I also have a 3-year old thyroid tumor that we are monitoring. All my levels have been perfectly fine.

I have requested a tilt-table test for circulatory issues, but my neurologist is refusing until I take an epilepsy medication for 3 weeks, which I am not really comfortable doing.

I'm not really sure how to handle all of this! Any insight?

Also, I am attaching a photo of my brain MRI - I requested my MRI on a CD and I found a very weird gray-matter oval on the t1 axial view. It's directly to the right of the cervical cord. I have looked at hundreds of MRI sequences and cannot find this big spot anywhere on any others.. ideas?

Episode symptoms:
Bilateral shooting pain up neck into ears
Lightheadedness
Chest pain, rapid heart rate
Shaky hands, chest tremors
Feeling like hands and feet are dipped in ice water
Heat & cold flashes and sweats
Tunnel vision / loss of vision
Pulsatile tinnitus / loss of hearing

Thanks for reading!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brain MRI.jpg (60.1 KB, 51 views)
mamafox512 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-02-2018)