View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 08:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No news, is that good or bad?

We feel like the appointment was for nothing. Nothing has shown on the bloodwork, no toxins or chemical imbalances which can cause the issues. She also said any chemical exposure should be wearing off by now, and of course it is notThe MRI had no remarkable areas showing lesions, tumors, etc. The doctor also said that his symptoms should stop at night with a movement disorder and they dont, she said it is very unusual.

The only thing noted was an arachnoid cyst in the back area of the brain. The neurologist says that although it is unusual, it can not be causing the symptoms he is having. We did some quick searching and the sites we have found say differently. He wants a second opinion, which I totally understand.

The doctors suggestion is to use benadryl which he refused, he wants answers before he treats and masks symptoms. She said it is used commonly for movement disorders. She said any person that came in with these symptoms would be fearful and would try anything they are told to get rid of it. I think the breaking point for him was either when she had him drink from a plastic cup, and he spilled everywhere since he has little control, or when she mentioned a botox injection. He was very embarrased and that was it. I must tell you that the men in my family are very, very unusually stubborn to begin with. So the doctor wrote that he refused treatment and walked out of the room. I tried to explain how frustarting it is to be 26 and put in this position, but she didnt want to here anything if he wasnt willing to do what she said

Not much else to say, if anything comes to mind, or if this sounds familiar to anyone feel free to contact me.

Thanks a Bunch,
Michelle
labar914 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote