View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hey all,

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but I just had some more questions related to this incident. One on understanding more about G forces and concussions, and one on concussion recovery in general.

So scientifically I know that it usually takes at least 60Gs for a concussion to occur. But I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what 60Gs truly means, and I'd like for someone to check my understanding.

If I'm understanding it correctly, the head is about 10lbs at 1G. So for the brain to experience 60Gs, you need an impact of at least 10 * 60, or 600lbs at max force? And to conceptualize the force of that punch, you'd basically need to deadlift 600lbs with a punch? If that's how much force it takes, then I know that an accidental hit from an elbow couldn't have been 60G. It probably wasn't even 10G...

The other question is a bit more health focused. I know that many people dont think my hit could have been a concussion, but the symptoms I had scared me, so I've been playing it safe just incase. One specific way in which I've been trying to help my brain is by giving up alcohol, which aside from the first week, I've successfully done for a month now. But tomorrow some friends are meeting up, and I was wondering if there is any problem with having one or two drinks over the course of the night with them?
J0HN_TIT0R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote