View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 02:31 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Miss D,

Thanks for responding. You make a good point. I have REALLY gone overboard in my reaction to this. I've been pretty good today. My PCP actually called me today and I could sense there was a bit of disappointment in his voice that he could not help right away with this. He did recommend I go back on Prozac due to all the anxiety this is causing me. I quit it cold turkey last year. I can't rely on Xanax as it's a very short-term fix. I have anxiety and OCD issues.

I have made an appointment with a neurologist for next Friday. It's the same guy I saw two years ago.

My PCP did mention that the neuro might put me on gabapentin since I have the mild, intermittent pain. I told him that with the pain being a "1" that I have no interest in going on an anti-seizure med. I told him that the important thing to me is to find the underlying CAUSE.

I haven't felt like my 'normal' self in two or three weeks. However, this week I am doing much better. I just have to be patient. It's hard not to think about it most of the day. PCP thinks this may go away on its own. How nice that would be. I can't imagine having to live with this the rest of my life. I can't help but sometimes think this will lead to loss of mobility and I'll end up in a wheelchair.

My big problem is wanting answers and a solution NOW! Yeah, I know it could be worse, but that's not the comforting thought I'm looking (for).
sinjin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote