View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 04:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I would ask for some phys therapy & assessment.
Often MDs don't do a hands on or know everything about the body.
A good PT will do hands on evaluation to better tell if neck or disk is the problem..

If you do /did repetitive work/ desk job, have forward head /shoulders - those can cause arm issues also, by closing the area where nerves & blood flow pas in the neck/chest junction. See our Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) forum for more info on that..
Thanks so much. I do have a sedentary job but I try to break often to move about. I don’t think I have a forward posture but I do have mild ataxia relating to small fibre neuropathy loss of sensation. The odd thing is that my hands and arms are okay when engaged but when resting this awful leaden feeling kicks in with very severe pins and needles.

This problem is most pronounced when I’m in bed when my arms become dead/ numb from hands up. And yet my sleep position isn’t unusual? By morning I can’t use my left hand to prop myself to get out of bed or hold things or even turn over. Does this seem to correlate with what the radiologist describes here would you know?

My thoracic spine seems to be pretty normal although most of it wasn’t imaged. I have no pain there at all. I will defintely be hoping to get answers from the neuro PT when I see her on the 1st of August but meanwhile I’m wondering if this is related to my autoimmune condition or seems quite a common symptom of this severe disc degeneration?

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote