View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 04:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCEC5 View Post
Depending on the day anywhere from 3-15 drinks. I drank a lot for a long time and wouldn’t be surprised if my pain is alcohol related, but it’s strange that it initially disappeared completely for a month after quitting drinking and this time it’s still here after 2 plus months sober. I have been limiting my carb/sugar intake, but haven’t cut out salt. Is there any science behind that approach? Does it help with your symptoms? I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks
There is not much science here. Many just throw out what they have found helps them. I find this kind of info invaluable because we can all try over the counter things like food/drink/vitamins cheap and easy.

I found that salt....too much salt triggers my PN and my right foot will feel like a club for a day or three. This happened after eating boiled crawfish at the Breaux Bridge crawfish festival a couple of years ago(I ate a LOT).

I also like Margaritas, and after a camping weekend where I drank quite a few, the same old club foot showed up. That mix is way way too sweet.

I have not climbed up on the wagon yet, but am going to do so this winter to see if I have any change in symptoms. Right now, it's ball and big toe on both feet numb(feels like a sock wadded up under the ball of foot in boot), twitchy muscles, a occasional 'flushing' feeling up and down the legs.

My intake used to be 2-6 beers a evening or equivalent mixed drinks, but I have backed off a little bit in the last couple of months after my PN flared up for an unknown reason. I am trying to keep it to 2-4.

IPA's seem to aggravate it, but Dark beer like Guinness or Yee Haw Dunkle do not. I kinda wonder what the GMO role in all of this plays.....no GMO in the dark Beers as far as I know but lots in the US nationwide domestic beers.
DishRag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote