View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 04:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Balance can be a very tricky thing when lost, I agree with a walker of some sort to help with the day to day, and they do make several different shapes and sizes and even ones that fold up neatly to go in most cars. But as far as the game goes, since they’re family anyways I’d say grab and arm or two . Was mostly stuck in a wheelchair for my cousin’s wedding, but when it came time for photos my other cousin helped me up the steps and held on so there wouldn’t be any sad rememberence of her special day with her crippled cousin. Instead her brother and I just looked really close . Which we are so it all worked out.

Don’t be afraid to rely on family or even friends, my cousin was more than happy to help me out and quite glad I did rely on him. I’ve noticed that they really do want to help out, but don’t always know what to do or even if it’s okay to ask if you need any help. But once you ask if they can help with a specific task they tend to be shockingly thrilled and quite eager.
ger715 (07-23-2018), Jomar (07-24-2018), Kitty (07-26-2018)