View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 05:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Chat New to the forum, dealing with headaches (4 yrs): treatment / anxiety q

Hi All,

I am new to this forum; by way of background I suffered my first (and possibly only) concussion in August of 2014, running into a sign in a field. I have been diagnosed with post concussion headaches. I tried a vitamin regimen, went on a few meds and finally today take 50mg Nortriptyline daily. I suffer from light tension headaches that vary throughout the day depending on weather, etc. Recently I have become obsessive with preventing concussions and get pretty wound up if my head comes into contact with anything.

I have 2 questions for those on the forum

1) Treatment Q: I am looking into Botox and/or acupuncture. Has anyone had a positive experience with either?

2) Anxiety Q:The first 3.5 years of my concussion were anxiety free, I had fun, played sports, and never thought twice about any bumps; for that matter I can't even remember any except for having a basketball rebound hit me that rattled me a bit. In the last 6 months, I've developed extreme anxiety, and whenever anything hits my head, it throws me off for a few days. For example, yesterday I was driving on a dirt road and my head was bouncing around and hitting head rest. Today I tried to re-enact by lightly hitting the side of my head with hand, maybe 5-10 times until I realized how ridiculous I was being. These hits were about as light as if you were clapping your hands (perhaps less). So my question is, are these minor bumps, where the head is hit at about the same velocity as a high five or you clapping (slightly lighter) anything to worry about? I find it has been happening more often and gets me really wound up and anxious for a few days about my health. Because of my line of work, my brain is my most important asset which is causing me to be so anxious about losing functionality.

Thanks in advance for any responses. I really appreciate it.
MarkB57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote