View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 12:25 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Possible SFND from Alcohol

Hi All,

Kiwi33 directed me to this thread after posting in the main message board.

I have been having lower and upper leg pain and feet pain since April of this year. It started off as tingling in the feet with dull aches and cramps in my calves. I had been a heavy daily drinker for about 12 years and decided to quit in April. After 2 weeks of sobriety the symptoms disappeared completely. I continued my sobriety symptom free for a another 3 weeks and then drank again for about 4 days straight in Mid May. 3 days after my last drink in May the pain came back and has been here every day since. I now have very sore feet (especially in the morning and evening), cramps, aches and soreness in my calves, hamstrings, thighs and knees as well as tingling in the feet and pain/pressure in the Achilles and heels. I’ve seen Multiple neurologists with no diagnosis after MRI’s, EMG, NCS, physical exams and blood tests. No one seems to think I have small fiber neuropathy, but I do and am pushing for a skin biopsy.

Anyone here have similar experiences? Were you diagnosed from a biopsy? Has anyone had symptoms disappear completely only to return after a relapse? Anyone have mostly aches, cramps and soreness as their symptoms? The doctors have told me this is not common with SFND and do not believe I have alcoholic neuropathy. Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks!
MCEC5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (07-25-2018)