View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 03:49 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Dish,

Thanks for the reply. I have to say I have never had anything negatively affect me for so long. This is on my mind 24/7. Right now, I can feel the minor burning/shooting pains in my right foot. Look, it's not lost on me that I need to be patient to find out what the issue is (if it can be determined). I have an appointment to see a neurologist this Friday.

I haven't eaten much the last two days. I maybe get 3-4 hours of sleep each night. I've tried listening to meditation videos on Youtube and praying, but it doesn't help long-term. I have a few pills of Xanax left to help me get to sleep, but it only lasts a few hours then I'm up. When I get up the anxiety isn't in my stomach, but I just can't go back to sleep.

I have started seeing my therapist again. It's only been one appointment so far with the second one tonight. Frankly, I'm just miserable. I can't get back to my old self and wonder if I ever will. I just cannot figure out why I am letting this bother me so much. Perhaps it's the thought of never knowing what's causing it, it getting worse, losing mobility, ending up in a wheelchair. Who knows?

I started taking Prozac again this week. I know it can take up to a month or longer for it to take effect.

I walk six days per week and the exercise doesn't do anything to quell the anxiety. The anxiety is NOT nearly as bad as it was two weeks ago. I had one crying fit this past Friday. I almost had another one just a big ago.

My wife is trying her best to help me. I don't have much of a desire to be around anyone or go anywhere. My daughter knows what's going on and has seen her father break down because of all this. I question what kind of father, husband, and man I've become.

The burning/shooting pain is very mild right now and doesn't bother me much. I know it could be worse, but, as I've mentioned before, that's no consolation prize or comforting thought.

I don't know if I'll ever break out of this.
sinjin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote