View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 10:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi, Navario! Welcome to the forum!!

No worries, your words came across very clearly! I don't speak Spanish, so I hope I'm writing well enough for you!

Did the doctors run the MuSK antibody test? LRP4? Those are the two newest tests, other than the Acetylcholine Receptor Antibody one.

Did you have the 2nd EMG on your face or in another area? Is there anyone in your area who can do a Single Fiber EMG? Bruno Eymard in France does them. Well, a colleague of his does. He does the clinical exams.

Bruno Eymard – ERN-EURO-NMD

EMGs can fluctuate over time. If the first test was highly positive, then they really can't discount that result just due to the 2nd one being negative. Results depend upon what muscle they are using, what drugs someone is on (steroids and other immune suppressants can make the results look normal when they are not), and the experience of the person doing the test.

What are your symptoms?

MG is pretty easy to spot, since only MG, CMSs, and LEMS show fatigable muscle weakness.

What else can we do to help you?

Doctors in Europe are pretty familiar with MG. Are you confident in your neurologist? I hope so!

Take it easy until you know what is going on for sure.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NAVARIO (07-25-2018)