Thread: Donna's thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 09:39 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long since I'd updated this thread.

I was supposed to go back to Kokomo on Monday. But I had talked to two of my Sister's on Saturday letting them know I wouldn't be there. I knew there was no way. And now its Wednesday and I'm just about back to the land of the living from this cold. Still a ways to go. Glad that its still summer, and my parents aren't worrying yet about meetings or most arent'. Got a call to return about a meeting next week. I should be fine for it.

But digressing. News, is fantastic today for Derrick:
Drum Roll, He thought servings and one day a week of Cooking or learning
would be great. He went to orientation yesterday. And met the new
manager of his food court. And it turned out that he remembered to take
his certificates especially his Safeserv. WHich is of course the big deal in Cooking. THe guy promoted him, 4 levels he is guessing right into the kitchen. So he will be a cook and start to learn all the stations. WHich
is all he had ever asked for. He learned the guy got bomarbed by all
the staff that had learned that the best Staff Derrick had asked to come
back, And all the staff was telling him he better get him back for them.
And he was only one there for their hall. And he came to talk to him then
learned he was the Derrick and even better had the degree.

So he was a happy camper, and learned everyone that knows him is looking forward to him coming back. He starts the 14th instead of the 24th because he will be a cook. And that is something he is liking too.

So its good news for him.

Dan, will have prescription medicare as of Sept. 1 with state help and that
is good too. Most his meds should be 3.35 at the most. And he will like that.
I am just working through both boys keeping them straight to keep their medicine and medical insurance.

Harmony is starting to really get much better at standing and moving around now. Its a relief to a degree that she is getting there to me. I was really getting worried that she wasn't going to without much intervention. But I'm thinking after she is two she will be walking hopefully. WHich is of course about a year late. But that is just fine. Now I'm still worried that she isn't talking like she should be, but that isn't new ground for me. That is normal for my kids, and grandkids. Only one grandkid talked and did things like he was supposed to. She is still not taking cups and her therapist have
Warned Kortni that getting her away from the bottles to an cup is going to be very hard, almost if not impossible. So we are thinking outside the box for ideas right now. One i've told Kortni we need to consider is that she herself start working on a cup that Harmony might use, because Harmony seems to drift to things Kortni will use, so maybe if Kortni uses one she will.

So we are trying to find one that Kortni can use too.
That Harmony can hold. Thats been the big problem. Heehee,

Will comes back from his mom's on Saturday or Sunday. And I'm looking forward to seeing him. And him getting back in school. Not sure how many more summers he will go. Seems he told his dad and Meluvja that he doesn't call his mom, mom. He calls her Bre or something like that so it looks like she wants to be a friend instead of mom. And his dad cut off giving her money. So I'm guessing she wont care if she has him as much anymore. But that is okay, he has called Meluvja (mom) for quite a while
now but not in front of Sabrina, but he did the Saturday she picked him
up in Terre Haute.

So I find it interesting. I think he is starting to realize that she is more a mom than his real mom is.

Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (07-26-2018), mymorgy (07-25-2018), OhKay (07-26-2018), PurpleFoot721 (07-25-2018)