View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 04:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

My walker is probably the standard size but it's difficult to take some places especially when you're not sure of the layout or if there are stairs.

I have lost most of my balance and have to rely on my walker or my wheelchair if it's a questionable area or there's terrain that's not flat.

I have a very difficult time relying on another person to help me walk or stand . It's just not a steady source of something to hang on to and actually makes me even more unsteady. I hate to refuse the help of anybody but even someone holding my arm or hand just throws my balance off so bad I have to ask that they not touch me when I'm walking or standing. And I hate doing that but I have to....or fall! I'm always gracious about it and thank them for their efforts. I wish it could be different.

I was looking for a new walker and found that there are SO many different kinds available now. I must have spent an hour just looking at all the different kinds. And still didn't buy one! Too many choices is not a good thing for me.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote