Thread: When is is PCS
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 03:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki5150 View Post
I do also have neck and back injuries. Symptoms are that mental fogginess, still forgetting things, nausea, can’t focus, noises and sounds, and hearing issues (includes some loss of hearing and ringing in the ears). My instructions were to rest and expect symptoms to go away after about 3-4 days. A CT scan was done and then just diagnosed from symptoms. A guy running from police ran a red light. He hit me going about 70. Hit me from the side and front of my vehicle. Unknown what caused the injury as I don’t have memory. I believe It was just the force which caused my head to shake pretty hard.

. I will follow up with my PCP to see if some PT might help. I haven’t returned to work and am anxious to get back. My job does require quite a bit of mental stamina and between that and the lights it’s just been too much.
You should take it easy for the first 2 weeks or so after a concussion, too much stimulation during this period may prolong symptoms.

The definition of PCS in terms of time is somewhat arbitrary, some people can become asymptomatic in a few days while it may take others a year. The majority of people, something like 85%, see symptom resolution within 3 months. If you continue to have issues beyond 3 months you may or may not have PCS, beyond a year I think it's safe to say you definitely have PCS.
Stoic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote