View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 10:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
I've been dxed with SFN but only have symptoms induced by my inhaler medications so am not sure quite how to characterize it. I get arm weakness too but only when I have taken enough med to have SFN symptoms so for me at least I would say the weakness is neuropathy.

I also have had an MRI that showed cervical radiculopathy, I get neck pain which is also exacerbated/intensified by meds (the gift that keeps on giving ) but the only other symptom I have known for sure to be from the radiculopathy is that when I first noticed something was amiss occasionally it felt like something slipped out of place and I could not raise my arms. There was no sensation of weakness, arms just didn't work.

You comment about an inflammatory source was interesting to me, I have wondered that for myself as well.
Thanks- this is interesting as I feel there is often a Mast Cell Activation component for many of us with SFN. And of course, with allergic conditions such as Asthma and Eczema (me) we are more likely to react to the chemicals used in all Big Pharma products, even those intended to protect us.

I mention that I’m sure my SFN has an inflammatory component because I have high sed rate/ plasma viscosity and CRP usually. And so far no one has traced this back to any one system ie my joints or inflammatory bowel disease or other organ involvement or skin. So I assume that it’s a mixture of an underlying Vasculitis, viscosity of my Sjögren’s and my small nerve fibres? It’s very much the norm for those with rheumatic diseases to have systemic inflammation but my instincts tell me mine is in my blood and nerves. I seem to have quite a lot of blood in my urine always despite no sign of kidney or bladder disease so I do think the systemic disease accounts for the SFN in my case. As you describe I only have occasional small clues of cervical and sacral spine involvement but as most of my symptoms are bilateral and longstanding the SFN is likely the much bigger culprit for me too.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote