View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:51 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I relate so much to your message. I am going thru the same type of thing. I have CRPS/RSD, and have been COMPLETELY taken off my pain meds. And I am now living my life in a bedroom with my foot elevated, 22/23 hours a day 7 days a week. This is no way to live.** I do no intedn to suffer thru what I went thru the first 2 years I had this condition and it went undiagnosed. EVREY Dr in the State of Michigan is petrified to prescribe pain medications.

I am no an addict. I am a person who went from attempted suicide, to having a PART of my life back. But it has been stripped away from me again in a very cruel way, as I did Nothing wrong. My Dr and other Dr's here and Michigan have came right out and told me they are scared to prescribe them. Pain Management more so than internists.

If anyone know a Dr in Michigan that is knowledgeable about CRPS and cares, even just a little, please let me know who they are. I just tried the Cleveland Clinic. And AFTER I made the trip down there, paid for there outrageous hotel accommodations and seemingly had a plan I place (they were going to try an SCS or a pain pump) they called this morning to let me know my insurance will not accept them. This is something they should have found out before I wasted 3 months getting in to see them. CRPS is horrible, and I wish it upon no one. But the Dr's I have come to see, either don't know anything about it, or just don't care.

Last edited by Chemar; 08-02-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: ** Admin Edit per NeuroTalk guidelines https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/1293-community-guidelines-updated-4-8-2015-a.html
CRPS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote