View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I already have to hold onto the side of the pool when I do my PT exercises. I have been symptomatic while in the water, and when it's happened, I have just kinda put my arms over the side and taken a break (without saying why). The pool PT understands very well that I have good days and bad days, and doesn't push me, but knows I always make my best effort. I have definitely made gains tho. I have a regular evaluation on Friday, so I'll discuss my concerns with the other PT then, and see what she has to say.

I got no response from my PCP to the message I sent.
I sent my update to my gastro via his patient portal since his medical assistant has trouble returning phone calls. No response from his office yet either.

When I went to get my Tysabri infusion yesterday, I got the slow nurse, who left me waiting for 1/2hr before she took me into the infusion room. I made sure to ask her if she could get me out of there in 2 hrs at the latest before she ordered the med from the pharmacy. I was freed at the 11th hour, so I managed to make it to my pdoc appointment by the skin of my teeth.

I filled my pdoc in on everything that has been going on...

She talked about adding an adjunct med to help me out, or a making a med change (from Seroquel to something else) because so many doctors have talked about the meds I'm on, but both of those options would come with the risk of side effects that could complicate my medical problems, or land me in the nut house because I'm so brittle, so we dismissed those ideas.

Even adjusting the meds I'm already on is a problem. I'm maxed out on my other meds, so we've been moving the dose of gabapentin up and down as needed, but it comes with the risk of sedation, and she's worried it may make me more susceptible to passing out. I'm taking 400mg of it right now. She wrote a script for 1-2 100mg pills as tolerated (along with the 400's, which I take it at night).
I would like to wait until Monday to try adding anything because I have nothing to do next week, but I think I need the extra help now.
I see her in a month.

Yesterday was such a long day, I was F- EXHAUSTED when I came home. I took a 4hr nap, and woke up feeling like total crap. I can't make double appointments like that again. Something will just have to wait next time.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-03-2018), Dmom3005 (08-02-2018), mymorgy (08-02-2018), PurpleFoot721 (08-02-2018)