View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello CRPS and welcome to Neurotalk. I, like you have CRPS in my foot and have to spend most of my time with my foot elevated. I am in better shape than I was just a couple of years ago after the Cleveland Clinic helped me by implanting a DRG stimulator. It's been a game changer for me and has allowed me to get into physical therapy for a couple of months. I'm now able to walk short distances with a cane, but still find that I need to keep my foot elevated most of the time. I have tried a number of doctors here in Michigan with none of them giving any success towards living with reduced pain. I had no problems finding doctors that were willing to prescribe painkillers for me but they provided little relief if any. If you live near Detroit, I can provide the names of a few doctors that at least gave it their best shot with me, but I was a rather difficult case that even the Cleveland Clinic had a hard time figuring out. I have tried several different treatments for CRPS including spinal cord stimulation, ketamine infusions and of course a multitude of different medications before getting to where I am now. Currently what is working for me is:
DRG stimulator
Low dose Naltrexone
Terazosin
Trileptal
Cymbalta
Vitamin C
High CBD medical marijuana
I still have my bad days and still have to take things easy but at least something is helping. Of course everyone is different. What works for me might not work for someone else.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CRPS (08-03-2018)