View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:42 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
Hello CRPS and welcome to Neurotalk. I, like you have CRPS in my foot and have to spend most of my time with my foot elevated. I am in better shape than I was just a couple of years ago after the Cleveland Clinic helped me by implanting a DRG stimulator. It's been a game changer for me and has allowed me to get into physical therapy for a couple of months. I'm now able to walk short distances with a cane, but still find that I need to keep my foot elevated most of the time. I have tried a number of doctors here in Michigan with none of them giving any success towards living with reduced pain. I had no problems finding doctors that were willing to prescribe painkillers for me but they provided little relief if any. If you live near Detroit, I can provide the names of a few doctors that at least gave it their best shot with me, but I was a rather difficult case that even the Cleveland Clinic had a hard time figuring out. I have tried several different treatments for CRPS including spinal cord stimulation, ketamine infusions and of course a multitude of different medications before getting to where I am now. Currently what is working for me is:
DRG stimulator
Low dose Naltrexone
Terazosin
Trileptal
Cymbalta
Vitamin C
High CBD medical marijuana
I still have my bad days and still have to take things easy but at least something is helping. Of course everyone is different. What works for me might not work for someone else.
I was going to try and PM you, but I don't see that option anywhere. I would appreciate and Dr information you have VERY much. The Cleveland Clinic is not an option for me because of my insurance. I did visit them 2 months ago, and they advised an SCS or Pain Pump. But, as I said we have since found they cannot preform any procedures. I abstained from pain medications for nearly 2 years. Then I finally gave in, mostly because my PCP advised it due to my potential mental state for having been in such pain for so long. But her practice has decided to no longer prescribe pain medications, so I have been taken off of them after 6 months, of what seemed like having a life again.. I was on a low dose, but it at least allowed me to go to dinner occasionally with my wife, or to a movie with my son. Now, I am back in bed all day long. I am desperately seeking a Dr for help.

I have tried everything on your list except Terazosin. Of which I will have to look into. My list of attempted medications (non-opiate) is around 14. I have only been on the 1 opiate medication, which has been the ONLY thing that has helped over the last 2 years and 4 months. Other than Lyrica, which helps with desensitization. Along with 7 different injections, all of which either did nothing at all, or provided little relief for a day, or less.

I would certainly appreciate any direction you could me regarding some potentially helpful, or compassionate Dr's. I look forward to your reply. Thank You.
CRPS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (08-03-2018)