Thread: Just venting
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:54 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak2388 View Post
Ok basically I'm going on 7 months with these "sensations"..this all started back in January when I was 29 years old.

I was a normal young man not obese no previous medical condition nothing no family history of this crap disease. I have not drank alcohol yes I did smoke cigarettes but maybe 2 or 3 a day nothing excessive..and than I got hit spontaneously one evening with no real reason with this stupid illness,at the time I didn't think it was anything serious,why would I!

Over the next few weeks I start3d to notice more tingling more prickly/stinging waking up from sleep with loss of senations in hands so I googled up my symptoms and I was horrified WTF!!!How can I delevope this condition at this age,most folks with this are middle age or old not early 30s...i started to panic my family think I'm over reacting because all tests keep coming back clear but I've explained to them with SFN the only way a result can come is by a biopsy which I have done privatley with a cost of £2000 but still have to wait 6 weeks for the results for some reason here in UK.I tbh did not really want to have the bipspy as it is just a diagnostic test and not a treatment but my family still don't believe I have this condition so its better to be comfirmed than they think ive gone mad or am servely depressed.I also have the body twitching.

I just can not understand how i have got this one day I'm fine planning for the future happy and the next .... it seems like a sick joke ..my wife is due to give birth any day now,and I'm in a very dark place stressed depressed anxious helpless what can I do.im supposed to be happy but how can I with this constant pain.

I have not been enjoying life for the last 7 months and I'm not sure if diagnosed how I will cope in the future.

I'm trying to do everything I can to help myself im eating well excersicing I've lost 7kg since January..im thinking to myself hopefully I'm young so maybe that will aid in my healing maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I'm sure if ther are any people on this forum my age...i have done extensive searching in this forum and I only came across a few and they don't seem to be on here anymore..feel so sad

Going on with my personality I have always been a over thinker or get stressed over little things...but surely that is not a reason to develope these horrible symptoms for this long!!!from whatever I have read people generally do not get better with these types of pains and that is defiantly adding to my anxitey.

Now I'm just waiting for the results to come back just to be diagnosed and than what go through the next however years depressed in pain!!!no one understand
Sorry that you're suffering shak.

Can I ask;
What were your symptoms that came on so suddenly?
Where did you get your private biopsy from?
I take it you haven't had the results back yet?
Burnsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote