View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:12 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaijo174 View Post
Cramp Fasciculation Syndrome and Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS) are basically the same thing. They mainly consist of people with lots of twitching, tremors and paresthesia.
I agree with all of you, what’s the difference between BFS/CFS and SFN? It seems to me they are both related to each other in some way.

I’ve decided I will get a skin punch. I want peace of mind and the constant worry gets to me. I have 2 young kids, and I’m the breadwinner… I need to be prepared for the worst. However, I really do not want to get a new doctor since mine is one of the best for SFN. If I have it, I want him to treat me.

As for meds, I was prescribed gabapentin from the first neurologist. It just made me dizzy and tired, so I stopped taking it.

During my appointment with a rheumatologist, I had my blood drawn and tested for a number of things. If it is helpful, I could dig up my results. The only thing worth mentioning was my vitamin D was low (it was winter and I live in the north).

My numbness is real. I severed a nerve in my thumb years ago and my toe feels exactly like that. I can tap a spot on my toe and it zaps pain up the toe where it is numb. Otherwise it is dead to the world on very thin line.

I’ll also check out the supplements on the stickies. From what I have read from older posts, some feel take these has changed their lives. Might as well give it a shot.

Lastly, if I do test positive for SFN, what do you all recommend for next steps? I’m 36 and not diabetic. Surely it is autoimmune. I’ve read about IVIG. Should I be pushing for this?
Hi dtaijo

It'll be interesting to follow your progress.

I mirror your symptoms a bit. All over body twitching was my main symptom in May 2016. This was followed by feet tingling in June 2016 with the occasional all over body prickling now and again.

Twitching would stop if the muscle was activated (maybe start again once relax, or maybe move on to another area of the body).

Tingling very mild.

Not other symptoms or limitations. Self Dx with BFS

About 2 months aga start to worry again about SFN (surely the tingling should have stopped by now). Since then, i've noticed an increase of symptoms, obliviously!

I have randomly found (wasn't look for) and small numb patch on the side of one of my big toes. It cant feel pin prick or temp. Interestingly, like, you also, if i run over the knuckle of the toe, i can "ping" the nerve, and it shots down into the numb patch!

Currently still more than able to live my life normally though
Burnsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote