View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 04:44 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Confused PCS or something else?

Hey All,

I am getting desperate and hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I have been to 2 Neuros, a PT, a cardiologist, and multiple GPs over the past 2 years with no insurance and am getting desperate for some sort of official diagnosis and start some road to recovery. I self diagnosed PCS, but it should be getting better, not worse, from what I understand.

I have lived abroad in SE Asia for the past 3 years. A couple years ago I received a (self diagnosed) concussion. I healed normally and returned to full function within a couple weeks. A couple months after - I received another (self diagnosed) concussion and have had trouble since. Also worth noting that I went to very high elevation and slept there (Mt Everest Base Camp) 3-4 months post the 2nd concussion. During this trip I also fell VERY ill for days.

Ever since coming back from that trip about a year and a half ago - I have had a plethora of issues, but mostly brain fog, confusion, anxiety, and personality changes. I also get sick on an almost monthly basis since. It ALWAYS starts in my head with a couple days of extreme confusion and transitions to my throat and other cold like symptoms.

After returning from the trip, I went and got a full health checkup (blood work, chest x rays, urine tests, stool tests, etc) and an MRI. The checkup came back normal ranges for everything except a minor anemia. The MRI however showed "A few tiny T2 hyperintense foci at bilateral anterior centrum semiovale; small vessel disease or non-specific demyelination". The neurologist didn't seem to worry or care much, so I left feeling like it was just stress an anxiety getting to me as a GP had told me.

Fast forward 1.5 years and here I am with another normal lab work checkup and the same symptoms PLUS more. My memory seems to be failing. I am forgetting names of people I know and just struggling with memory in general. That "tip of the tongue" feeling is a multiple time a day thing for me. I am unable to concentrate on conversations and catch myself zoning out constantly. It is scaring me quite a bit, but it seems like no one understands what I am going through.

Just to summarize my current issues:

- 24/7 brain fog (Fiance says she feels like I am a zombie now)
- Anxiety issues
- Lack of motivation to do anything (Used to be very motivated)
- Confusion (Have to re-read everything and have people repeat themselves often)
- Getting monthly colds (Sometimes twice a month)
- Troubles with memory (Hourly "tip of the tongue")
- Attention issues? (Find myself not listening after a few words)
- Depression (I believe due to feeling alone)
- Insomnia (Trouble sleeping more than 4-5 hours)
- Memory lapses (Forgetting the last N minutes completely)

Sorry for the long winded story. I just need to get this off my chest. I feel so alone and have been depressed as of late. I want to heal! I would love to hear any theories or advice. I plan on getting another MRI in the next week to compare.
oicud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote