View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Mari, up until now I have had very good luck moving the dose of gabapentin up and down as needed. When I've need to come down, increasing the dose has usually helped with that, and with my anxiety disorders, but it sedates me for a while until I adjust to it. It's has never been activating before.

I think I know what happened, but it just makes things more confusing...

When I went to take my pills last night, there was an extra empty slot, so I probably took my night pills twice on Monday night. And I took my a.m. pills around 10:30am. So that means in 24hrs (for psych meds) I took:
1,600mg Seroquel
800mg Lamictal
400mg Topamax
1,000mg gabapentin
Can't remember how much Klonopin- maybe 4mg?

It's really f- weird because doubling the Seroquel overnight should have REALLY put me out, and it should have been really easy for me to go back to bed and sleep that med mistake off like I have in the past, especially since I took my day pills as well because I was unaware that I had made an error. But instead, I woke up early with little sleep, and even tho I was sedated, I was off the wall... I think it was all the gabapentin I took, since even going up to 500mg at night was activating, and I took double that.

Either way, I'm very lucky I didn't pass out, fall, or worse.

I couldn't hide what was going on yesterday from Corey, so I had to explain it to him. He had a hard time understanding me because I was so f- ed up, and he told me I needed to go to bed, but I couldn't settle down. I wasn't comfortable taking anymore Klonopin, so I smoked a little pot, and was able to nap for 1 1/2hrs, which is just a drop in the bucket for me.

I'm feeling much better this morning, which is not saying much lol.
I didn't take the extra gabapentin, and slept for seven hours last night, which is normal for me. I'm having some sx of hypomania that are easier to recognize this morning. I just took an extra 1/2mg of Klonopin to see if some of my symptoms are due to anxiety.

I'm not going to contact my pdoc today because what happened yesterday was due to a med mistake. I'll be vigilant today to (hopefully) see what's happening minus the med mistake and the extra gabapentin in my system. I don't need her to add on another med if I don't really need it. I don't want to add anything on at all.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-08-2018), Dmom3005 (08-08-2018), mymorgy (08-08-2018), PurpleFoot721 (08-08-2018)