View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:34 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Introduction!

Hi all! I'm new to the forum after being diagnosed with CRPS last week. I am currently navigating the pain management process and came here to see what others are doing that helps or doesn't help.

My background: I had my 3rd knee surgery in May which was a high tibial osteotomy and realignment. I have had horrible shin pain from day one and it gets worse rather than better. I've had countless imaging and lab tests done to rule out any other possibilities which have led my ortho and pain management doctor to determine it is CRPS. My ortho is currently treating it until my 2nd pain management visit as they do not prescribe at the first. The treatment to date doesn't work (tylenol 3, meloxicam, flexeril and lidocaine patches) but the pain management doctor has other ideas including an increase of pain medicine and switching to celebrex and adding gabapentin. For some reason my ortho did not want to be the prescriber to initiate this so I have been stuck in limbo until my next appt with pain management in approx 2 weeks.

I'm hoping to get some more insight and learn about what regimens work or don't work for other people. So far it is confined to my right leg from the knee down but I understand it can spread. I'm hoping to avoid that. Looking forward to learning from all of you!!
annabanana123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (08-09-2018)