View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 10:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello annabanana and welcome to Neurotalk. I'm sorry to hear that you ended up being diagnosed with CRPS but ay least you have a diagnosis and can start moving towards proper treatment.

Your pain management doctor has a good starting point in plan for you by keeping you on the celebrex and starting you on gabapentin. It may or may not help as everyone reacts differently to different medications. Gabapentin did not work for me but if you are patient and give it time, who knows, it may work wonders for you. Just remember that gabapentin is something that needs to be titrated up to higher doses that would work. My doctor stopped at 1600mg when he gave up on it but it's not unheard of to go ad high as 3000mg to get good relief.

As for myself I was a difficult case. After trying different medications here is what works best for myself:

Trileptal 300mg 2x daily
Terazosin 5mg 1x daily
Vitamin C 500mg 1x daily
Cymbalta 2x60mg 1x daily
Low dose Naltrexone 4.5mg 1x daily
High CBD medical marijuana
And I have a DRG stimulator implanted in my back

As I said though, everyone is different and my treatment took a long time to find what worked out for me.

Wishing you well and I hope your relief comes quick as remission is very much possible.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote