View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 12:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for sharing your experience. It was nice to read this. It's great that cannabis has been so effective for you.

I'm really not surprised about THC being so effective as an analgesic. The pain relieving properties of THC are well documented, and when combined with CBD and even other cannabinoids and terpenes, the effect is even greater.

I have nothing against THC, and use it at night for sleep, usually with much high CBD strains. It definitely rubs some people the wrong way, but I've convinced that at least in some cases it's due to them using strains that are extremely high in THC and very low in CBD.

As for the dispensary saying such things, that's just false, as you seem to recognize. CBD is CBD. The only difference between hemp and MJ is that the former has been grown for other properties and for low THC content. Both plants have all the cannabinoids and a variety of terpenes.

If you try a tincture with MCT oil, it will be less viscous. That might help. Alcohol is not ideal as you know. Maybe Bluebird, Lazarus, or Fully Activated would be worth a try. Fully activated also has a great salve, so you might like that given your appreciation of the topicals.

But it seems like you know what works for you, so you should definitely go with that. For the most part I've also figured out what works for me, so it's going well. I'm really glad this plant has helped us both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
I joined the NYS medical marijuana program last year. I went in thinking, "they are going to give me CBD" and was met with, THC laid out as the likely course and a 1:1 THC/CBD tincture to start.

NYS is a no combustion state and they are slow on titrating (which was great, save the wait for the vaporizer for break through). I understand the idea, it makes sense, though feels fastidious at times.

Over the course of the first year I dropped Topamax and Lyrica from my medication plan and I have greatly curbed Tramadol since the addition of the vape pen.

I take 3-4 capsules of 20:1 THC/CBD daily 9.5/.5. The vape pen I use in between when needed and it has aided my sleep, which while spotty does not include a first hour wake up for the first time in years. I have plenty of hard moments, but I also have something that was absent for years despite my drive, effort- I have hope again.

I pass out less after work. I have more good moments.

I have taken to CBD salves for muscle issues and I wish NYS offered some strains in acceptable forms that have been groomed for my symptoms- likely an indica as they are CBD dominant. I am grateful, but wish they did more. Changes have happened, as capsules are newer im NYS, but work should be done on accessibilty- it is pricey and there are waits for certification. I waited 5 minths for an appointment.

Do I think CBD is worthwhile to look into- yes. One thing discussed at my quarterly check ins with my provider is each persons biology reacts differently. The dispensary pushes CBD from hemp is fifferent, but I do not know the veracity of that statement. I tried CBD from a local health food store- it was pricey and in olive oil, so it coated my mouth, which I really hated.

The tinctures I used prior to the capsules at the dispensary were alcohol based- which I didn't love, but they also didn't coat my mouth.

I am happy that the CBD is working for you, David. It certainly seems like a reasonable thing to try first- and I love the CBD salves- though I have found THC as an analgesic has been a boon.

Some people have very intense encounters with THC. It is certainly not for everyone, just like Neurotin rubbed me the wrong way.
My best,

Jon
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote