View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 06:01 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I'm in Sydney at the moment.

I've started with a chiro due to reading through these forums and it's let me to go back about once a month just to work on overall posture and wellbeing. This was never something that was recommended by the hospital or neurologist.

I took the full energy of my body plus my bike into my head so I'm probably quite lucky I don't have any serious PCS. It's my assessment of the severity of that impact and the constant state of the depersonalisation which has let me to conclude that it's probably permanent damage, although obviously it turning out not to be would be absolutely fantastic. Until then though this acceptance has allowed me to be more positive about the situation.

I've always been an anxious person and this hasn't changed and haven't had any symptoms of depression or any of the other common PCS symptoms.

I've contemplated trying some meditation. Probably a good thing all round even without the concussion. Not trying to reach a higher plane or anything, just to clear my head and sit empty for a few minutes and gather my thoughts at the end of the day. Getting into a positive mindset about the situation and the future, regardless of how bad it could be, can only be a good thing.
mothbox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote