View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Social security exam

Wow...had an evaluation by a Dr from SSD this morning and I am suffering a great deal now. She really seemed go have no understanding of RSD, was yelling at me for closing my eyes and gritting my teeth during the exam and when I refused to let her grab my left arm and pull it over my head when I can't lift it at all without pain and definitely not past the half way point at all. I get that they have to exam you but if you say something hurts or you can't do something...then you can't. I let her grab my other arm which hurt, and my leg which hurt, but my shoulder was already hurting a lot today and what she wanted to do would have made me pass out and probably been weeks to recover...assuming I ever recovered. Nope nope nope. I am notoriously a push over and let Drs do more than I should even when it hurts and causes pain but this ONE thing I just said no to and she kept yelling at me. I showed her how far I could lift my arm with it hurting...the farthest I possibly could...that should be good enough.

Grrr...just venting because a flare up is well under way now in my upper body and it's because of this Dr. And I get that they have a job to do but no need to be nasty to me and combative on top of it, you know? Being treated that way on top of everything else is just ridiculous. And they don't let anyone in there with you to witness this kind of treatment. So lord knows what the report will say and I have no witness to say otherwise. While I was waiting they told another patient that his interpreter couldn't come in to the appointment with him. Why would they pay for an interpreter and then not allow a patient to USE one? I do not get it and that seems really shady.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-11-2018), birchlake (08-13-2018), PurpleFoot721 (08-12-2018), shelbie4u (08-23-2018)