View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 06:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkins1964 View Post
While in the hospital for a refusion of my right foot the house neurologist stopped my parkinsons meds cold turkey. As a result I was basically left without use of my left side extremities at first and slowly my right side. Research says not to do this. After starting my meds back I slowly regained use, yet I now have constant headaches and major dystonia in my feet. Is this common and is it signs of NMS????
Next time let your neurologist, surgeon and anaesthetist know and one, two or all
of them will write up in your notes and allow you to take sinemet with a sip of water till not long before your op and recommence normal dosages post op.
The dystonia in your foot you may have mistaken it for post op pain but you say it was in both feet is that right?
The house neurologist is probably unaware of the consistent need for PWP to maintain their levodopa levels and you can remind and educate them as well!
Headaches, perhaps have your blood pressure checked? I haven't heard of stopping PD meds abruptly causing headache but I'm just telling you what I've learnt over the years.
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote