View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 03:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

David hello! I have just discovered two things. One is that I have an app called t and it has over 20 unopened posts on it! I must have got it years ago but never registered and then not seen it somehow?

The second thing I’ve found is this post of yours - which is fabulous on all fronts.

There have been some big news items in the U.K (I’m in Scotland) about the legalities of allowing doctors to prescribe medical cannabis at their discretion. But I don’t know if I would qualify or not. I also have been too knocked out by my autoimmunity lately to research or remotely grasp the complexities of the types, the strength and dosages etc.

But I do have a very similar, if not identical, all body SFN - with tremors, shakes, vibrations all over the place.

I’m newly under a neuro physiotherapist and she implied that she thinks I have Parkinson’s as well as Sjögren’s and Hashimoto’s. I think this is unlikely myself - I think these inflammatory neuropathies I have - and you may also have - can manifest as movement disorders when the damage is very diffuse and extensive.

The new final frontier my SFN has recently crossed is my pubic, genital and groin area. It’s absolutely horrible and I have finally agreed to try Lyrica. I’m stepping up my doses slowly - still on relatively small amount of 100mg daily. So far it appears to be helping the pelvic pain and lower back pain a bit but I’m whacked out on it, also eating too much and I can’t afford weight gain.

So I’d go for CBD oil over Lyrica and was resolved to ask if I get nowhere with my rheumatologist and new neurologist later this month. But I need to do good research and will start by saving this post. And I would only take it if my doctors either agree to allow me to or even prescribe it for me - or if I feel they are continuing to bounce me about like a bad parcel no one wants to open.

Great to see your name and read your post - it’s made my night!
Mat x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (08-14-2018)