View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 02:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Can Vasculitis cause Small Fibre Neuropathy

Hi there Neurotalk people. I’ve only just discovered the Tapatalk app on my iPad so I’m sorry if there were messages and replies for me last year which I failed to respond to. I’m a bit of a dunce about technology!

I’ve just posted this on the Sjögren’s World forum but thought I should post about this subject here too, having been told by someone on good authority, that some forms of Vasculitis can cause SFN. He explained the same thing as my vascular dr - but said it was the other way round in terms of which condition is causing what symptoms.

So my vascular dr says that the damaged small nerve fibres of Sjögren’s related SFN are causing a vascular response in the small blood vessels. But the Vasculitis man explained that, with these small spots under the skin, it could well be the other way round. Only he says I would need a Vasculitis expert to untangle this and diagnose accordingly. That’s not so easy for me to organise due to my Scottish location.

So to explain; I have had some very odd petechiae on my feet coinciding with feeling awful and blood in my pee. And my all body SFN has been flaring.

I’m seeing dermatologist, rheumatologist and then neurologist later this month so I’m wondering how many of us with all body SFN might actually have a form of small vessel vasculitis which doctors aren’t identifying?

And does anyone know which condition the focus of diagnosis should be on for biopsy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote