View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 01:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
My only input into this is that I have a pretty severe case of "Exercise-Induced Vaculitis" or "Golfer's Vasculitis." It's supposedly a benign condition, but I can tell you it's caused some permanent discoloration and damage to the small surface capillaries in my legs. When I'd walk the golf in hot weather, the back of my calves would turn beat red like they were sunburned, but there was texture to it as the capillaries were inflamed.
Thanks. I looked this up on DermNet NZ yesterday - although I haven’t done extra exercise and do have a systemic disease. The rash is completely different looking. Mine is dark red/ purple spots under the skin ie non blanching. It did arrive following recurring UTI and bacterial infections and 3 courses of antibiotics and I do have raised IgA in blood so the HSP Vasculitis tarries more although only 1.8 adults in 100,000 are affected so getting it diagnosed will be hard I suspect.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote