View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 01:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Hi Mat,

It's nice to hear from you. I'm really happy to hear you found the post helpful. That was the plan!

Yes, the plight of the poor boy was in the news of late: Cannabis oil row: Billy Caldwell 'under hospital arrest', says mother | Society | The Guardian. From what I know is that the law in the UK is that anything under .2% THC (it's .3% in the USA and Canada I think) can be sold, so hemp is okay, which the source of much of the CBD oil around. But the situation seems unclear to me from what I've seen. What I do know is that there are multiple reputable sellers in the UK and ones that ship to the UK, so if you want it, then you can get it. In Canada with an RX you're good to go, but I need pure CBD isolate and that's not available. So I'm getting mine elsewhere. I think Bluebird Botanical from the states has a office in the UK, but I'm not sure. They have third party testing for everything the sell, very transparent.

If you want to take the legal route in the UK, you might want to ask others who would know better, who live and use CBD in the UK. There are many who live their lives using quality CBD there. You can always speak to your doctors about your situation and see where that gets you, but it seems like the situation there is less than ideal. I know 4 neuropathy sufferers who went off all meds after a few months of CBD use. I myself use CBD instead of anything RX. This is not to say that it will work the same way for everyone, so take it for what it is, anecdotal evidence.

I am sorry to hear that your problems continue and your nerve damage is expanding. It's happening to me too. I've given up on conventional medicine and haven't seen a single doctor in at least a year, maybe even two. In a few weeks I'll see a new neurologist but I expect absolutely nothing from him. I wish it were different, but this is how it is.

I hope your path leads you toward some resolution and help, and maybe CBD will help with that. I'm here if you have any questions if you do decide to try it.
Thanks David. Someone on a FB forum I use for SFN says she gets hers from CBD Brothers in Suffolk, England and has been very pleased with the pain relief it’s brought.

I wonder if you’d be okay to take a look for me at her recommendation (they have a good website) and let me know if you think it sounds like a good bet in terms of content / ratio of Hemp etc?

At my GP’s request I’m giving Pregabalin/ Lyrica a chance for a month at 150mg per day. It iappears working well for the pain now but is making me feel out of it. I spoke to my neuro PT and her feeling is that this knock out cotton wool fatigue and foggy numbness is probably too a high a price to be sustainable long term for me. I’m uneasy about taking a med which might be hard to get off again after a terrible experience with getting off Cymbalta.

However, bearing in mind I’m under Rheumatology and seeing another neuro for a second opinion end of this month, I have to go carefully with self medicating. My PT works with MS sufferers mostly so is well aware of CBD oil and medical cannabis and is open minded. If I feel these consultants are still selling me down the Swanny without a motorised paddle (I can’t envisage my arms being strong enough to paddle far!) then there will come a time when I decide enough is enough too.

But I do have Sjögren’s and probable small vessel Vasculitis and am also aware that I’ve already sustained a lot of irreparable damage to small nerve fibres from the colour changes in my feet and hands and the fact that, when any pain is addressed through medication, I’m left increasingly with numbness everywhere.

Nevertheless I plan to ask the rheum and neuro what their thoughts are on this - given the horrific side effects that many Pharma products have inspired in me!

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote