View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I would suggest she stop all weight work & muscle development....hyper tropic muscles in the neck & pecs can crowd that area and some of us can get major problems from that..as well as fwd head posture/rolled shoulders too.

Change to fluid whole body activities if she needs to do something active..
See Sharon Butler - gentle stretching -- Repetitive Strain Injury

Have any of the providers done top rib mobilizations?
My top ribs had gotten raised & stuck from severe spasms, it took a PHD PT teacher to do the rib mob and it worked wonderfully..and instantly...afterwards I could drive with arms up for 40 + mins, stir food while cooking , garden, so much more back to a more normal..... I had been limited to 10 mins of arm use before..
After the PT guy dropped my ribs , at my next chiro appt I told him about it, so he added top rib adjusting for me to keep it holding.. no issues with it since.
any trigger point work ?
(you can't fully resolve muscle spasms if there are trigger points in those muscles)

I did stop work and take a lot of time to learn & focus on healing the best that I could...
Took me 2+ years but it was worth it, part of the time frame was slow due to work comp delays. but i could still do my self care stuff, and use my IF stim, far infrared heating pad and do self trigger point & stretching stuff..