View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Update

Good news on blood work. I finally got a positive hit. I tested positive for Cryoglobulin with “Trace elements”. My doctored explained that trace meant a low concentration was found (a good thing). He also wasn’t sure which type, but it is most likely Autoimmune related. I’m going back for more blood work in mid-September. I asked about sjogren’s and he said it was possible but unlikely. I have already tested negative for it, do not have the classic dry mouth/eyes symptoms, and I’m a man which makes up only 4% of patients. Prior to that everything has been negative so I’m happy we finally found something. Nervous at the same time, because I know autoimmune is pretty much untreatable.

The bad news is I’m still progressing. My burning pain has now moved to the bottom of both feet. It moves around all the time, but every day I have pain there. I can still do everything, but it is rather annoying. Moving around makes it considerably better. I just got back from a 1 week vacation where I was on my feet for 12hrs each day. No problems but the pain was always lingering.
My dizziness seems to come and go, but I’ve had a bad spell for the last two weeks. I hope it passes soon.
Hands remain unaffected, but I still get tremors in my thumbs. That has been continually improving since my first 6 months of symptoms.
The numbness in my toe has greatly improved, and even completely recovered at one point. It has started to come back this month, but it is still nowhere near what it was 1 year ago. To me this means I am recovering in between flares.

At this point, the worst part of the disease is always being reminded it’s there… slowly taking away my life. Will it be 2 years, 5 years or 30 years before I can’t walk…? It makes it hard to enjoy things when you are always being reminded of the pain and future. Should my wife and I have another child? Buy that big dream house? Or should we play it safe because I may not be able to work… I hate not knowing… One thing I made sure to do, is make my disability and life insurance a substantial amount. I will not be a burden to my family. I just refuse to allow it.
dtaijo174 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote