View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 12:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Should I try to do a ropes course? Thoughts?

Hey everyone,

I've had PCS for a few years now, and I sometimes deal with balance issues and dizzy spells, though they've been very infrequent in the past year.

I work in an office, and as a teambuilding activity, our boss scheduled for everyone to do a high ropes course together, one of those things where you get in a harness and go through certain obstacles and then a zipline at the end.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I should do it with my PCS. On one hand, I feel like it might be beneficial for me, because I've heard some people online say that rock climbing helped them after TBI because it re-taught them how to balance. Plus, I feel like I have a lot of PCS-related anxiety, and doing the ropes course might help me feel more confident and things like that. I also don't want to be the only person not going to the teambuilding.

On the other hand, I'm afraid that I will feel dizzy, hit my head, or just otherwise get an anxiety attack. My boss doesn't know about my PCS, but I'm considering sending her an email just saying that I have a medical condition that gives me balance issues.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone done a ropes course with PCS? Do you think it would make me feel better or worse?

Thanks!
red90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote