View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red90 View Post
Hey everyone,

I've had PCS for a few years now, and I sometimes deal with balance issues and dizzy spells, though they've been very infrequent in the past year.

I work in an office, and as a teambuilding activity, our boss scheduled for everyone to do a high ropes course together, one of those things where you get in a harness and go through certain obstacles and then a zipline at the end.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I should do it with my PCS. On one hand, I feel like it might be beneficial for me, because I've heard some people online say that rock climbing helped them after TBI because it re-taught them how to balance. Plus, I feel like I have a lot of PCS-related anxiety, and doing the ropes course might help me feel more confident and things like that. I also don't want to be the only person not going to the teambuilding.

On the other hand, I'm afraid that I will feel dizzy, hit my head, or just otherwise get an anxiety attack. My boss doesn't know about my PCS, but I'm considering sending her an email just saying that I have a medical condition that gives me balance issues.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone done a ropes course with PCS? Do you think it would make me feel better or worse?

Thanks!
I dont think any of us have whats best for you?
Now I keep my life simple, but my brain is still scrambled 11 years later.
I wouldnt do it, but I dont work..
It took me a few years to walk with my head up, and get a regular gate when walking.
Tell us what you decide, and if you go give us your opinion if it helped, hurt, or did nothing at all....
Best of luck.
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote