View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 01:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Help TBI Therapy - Pluripotent Stem Cells And PRP For TBI

TBI Therapy – Regenerative Therapy for Brain Injury Recovery

Has anyone else seen this? I have spoken to several people who have done this protocol and am planning to do this. One woman told me she was in a car crash and hadn't improved in more than a year. Another improved more modestly, and I am in the process of contacting more people who the clinic said would talk to me. The first two I found on my own.

Dr. Hughes protocol involves many different therapies combined to treat TBI out of his offices in Colorado. They include:

1) Autologous pluripotent stem cells (VSELs) - Very Small Embryonic Like Stem Cells. These are pluripotent stem cells that originate in the bone marrow and circulate in peripheral blood. They behave like embryonic stem cells but are in fact adult stem cells and so can be used. These are not mesenchymal stem cells. The company that makes the technology to isolate them is Tithon Biotech.

2) Platelet rich plasma (PRP) - Concentrated growth factors and cytokines from the blood which can help repair tissue. This is combined with insulin and infused into the cerebral spinal fluid around the brain through the roof of the nose. This doctor is the only person in the U.S. using PRP to treat TBI.

3) IV NAD+

4) Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) - This releases more stem cells into your blood from your bone marrow so that they can be collected.

5) Supplements, nutrition, etc.

Wondering what everyone's opinion on this is. Dr. Hughes told me that he has treated around 400 people with this protocol in the past several years. He has been willing to chat with me for several hours overall on the phone for free which I think is rare.

I realize that this combination therapy is not at all FDA approved. But I am going on 18 months with PCS and I am ready to try this, especially given that it is all my own cells and growth factors and not from another source. I have done 130 mHBOT dives so far now, and after improving somewhat I am feeling ready for the next step.
SilenceIsSacred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote