View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 02:15 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default 3 weeks post op first rib re-section transacillary

I am 3 weeks post op, still very sore but noticed a massive difference in my symptoms. I was operated on by an amazing vascular surgeon Dr Angus Rude in Morriston hospital Swansea. This surgery was done on MHS yet Dr Ruddle provided his own mobile telephone number so I could text him at any time with concerns. I have seen a definite improvement as I say, the constant pain I had in my arm (like hitting my funny bone) has eased, I don’t have the tense muscular pain in my neck (like elastic bands on full stretch) that I was experiencing and I have more movement in my arm and shoulder. It had been remarkable. I am however still experiencing pec pain and stabbing behind my shoulder blade. Dr Ruddle used transaxillary approach which seems to have better outcomes for patients. He was the only surgeon in my locality who could perform the surgery using this approach. I had two surgeries cancelled and then had to wait four months as he went on sick leave for him to come back to perform the procedure but I am so glad I did. I’m still on pain medications but 6 week post op I am hoping to be able to reduce these. I will have s follow up, de Ruddles advice was of it hurts don’t do it but other than that try to lead a normal life.
HayleyJo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote