View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 11:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I had no pain relief with norco or percocet, but when my first doctor moved me to Methadone I finally had some relief. He said it is because it works on the NMDA receptors which are thought to be involved in CRPS. A later doctor I worked with moved me to Buprenorphine which is safer long term and is available in a patch. However it is harder to get a prescription for.
In addition, I take Lamictal. I used to use Gabapentin which was equally effective, but had caused a great deal of weight gain and I was hoping changing would help me lose the weight (it didn't).
The biggest thing that helped was an intense Functional Rehabilitation Program. I won't lie, it wasn't easy, but it worked a lot. It was multi-disciplinary (PT, psychologist, doctors) and helped a great deal with my mobility and state of mind.
I understand all too well being stuck in bed, that happened to me more than once (have it in my foot/ankle/leg). Try some gentle desensitization if you are able, and as mentioned above whatever gentle stretching you can. As we learned in class, even if it is just small movements, it is better than no movements!
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fostermom (04-03-2019), PurpleFoot721 (08-21-2018)