View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 07:53 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifthespiritmovesme View Post
I went gluten free in April 2013. Daughter went GF in hopes of alleviating digestive problems and recommended it to me 2 weeks later, she was so improved.

I requested to be tested for Celiac. Don't know what test was done, but my doc said I don't have Celiac. I have not had a biopsy done, and really don't want one.

Within 10 days of going GF, there was marked improvement in my chronic pain, energy level, and stiffness! I was experiencing restorative sleep for the first time in decades. Also, B-12 levels have skyrocketed.

Not all my problems are relieved, so there is more to be investigated, but the bottom line is that I cannot eat gluten!! If I slip up and indulge in something containing gluten, I will FEEL it within 3-4 hours, and it will stay with me sometimes a day or 2. The effect on me is an increase in myofascial pain and stiffness.

To me, it doesn't matter if I have Celiac or not - the treatment is the same, right? I just can't eat gluten. Do I need to find out if it's Celiac?
The treatment is the same. You sound like your intolerant, like me. I have also heard if you don't stay away from gluten, at least most of the time, it can turn into Celiac. We don't want that!
Problemwithfeet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote